custom dashboard filter to show departments that assigned tasks

Jeff Forslund February 11, 2021

I have a custom dashboard created with a few filters, is there a filter that shows which department is assigning tasks to my project.  

5 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

Hey Jeff,

One gadget that I find handy is the Issue Statistics gadget. You can use that with the Department as the Issue Statistic to get a count by Department of the number of issues for that Department. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

How are you determining which Department is assigning the tasks? Are you not capturing that information in a field.

For the gadget - Click on Load all Gadgets to see a larger list. It will be listed alphabetically. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2021

If you have a custom field that is used for departments and it is reliably filled in you can certainly use it in you filters or in the gadgets.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2021

@Jeff Forslund , without anything to distinguish departments how would be able to achieve your goal? You could also consider making groups for each department but that might be a bit onerous over time.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes

so do you not have to share a Gadget that is on the dashboard, only have to share a custom filter?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2021

You have to share the Dashboard and share the filter that the gadget uses, but not the gadget itself. 

0 votes

Ok I see now, was missing the load all gadgets link.  I added the Issues Statistics gadget and filtered by creator so that may help until we add a Department field if we do.  Thanks guys

0 votes

@Jack I don't think we have a custom field for Department when an issue is created.  @John I don't see an issue statistics gadget, where are you finding that one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events