csv import

Gomez_ Daniel July 13, 2021

Revisiting this: looking into importing a csv file into jira cloud but it keeps giving error:

The CSV file you uploaded contains non-ASCII characters. Make sure to set the right encoding.

its default set to UTF-8, is there a different encoding I need to use? I checked the file and it didn't have any non-ascii characters

2 answers

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Gomez_ Daniel ,

Thanks for posting in the community.

Could you please explain in details and it would be great if you post a screenshot(please blur any personal data) to this problem?

Cheers

Suvradip

Gomez_ Daniel December 29, 2021

edited my original response

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hello @Gomez_ Daniel 

That is not enough information for the user community to help you. Please provide details of the problems you are facing.

You said you are trying to import to Jira Cloud, but you tagged this post with "jira-software-server". Into which type of system are you trying to import the data?

Into what type of project are you trying to import the data?

Are you using the Import function available from the Advanced Filters/Search Issue screen, or the one available to Jira Administrators under System > External System Import?

What errors are you getting?

Gomez_ Daniel July 19, 2021

I was able to use the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant

I think the errors were from using a free trial site for testing

Suggest an answer