created custom field, coming soon?

Christian Mahlknecht February 18, 2020

Hi,

i have just created a custom field, showing all projects in a list view while creating a epic. 

but its not visible in the epic side bar, so looking deeper i saw "We can't show this field type in the new issue view yet, but we're working on it."

doese anyone know how long will it take to show up?

jira.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2020

Hello @Christian Mahlknecht ,

First off we are collecting feedback and tracking features relating to the new issue view at the following Request noting the list of child issues for the works in progress:

To make sure I can get you looking at and following the right feature request for this field, what is the field type for your custom field? 

Also if this is a critical field for your workflow you can disable the new issue view to have access to the field by:

1. Go to your profile icon (bottom-left corner)
  2. Choose Settings under Jira
    Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 11.14.26 AM.png
  3. Scroll down to Jira Labs section and toggle the new view offScreen Shot 2020-02-24 at 11.15.14 AM.png

Regards,
Earl

Christian Mahlknecht February 24, 2020

Hi @Earl McCutcheon

thanks for your answer. 

The field i want to show in issue type is "Project Picker (single project)"

Do you want that i open a new task in the link indicated?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2020

Hi @Christian Mahlknecht ,

The Feature request to Enable the 'Project Picker' field in the new issue view is on the list and can be viewed here:

We are working on this one, but please do make sure and add a vote to the request to indicate that you are being impacted by this to help us with prioritization efforts as covered in the "Implementation of New Features Policy" , and you can also add yourself as a watcher if you would like to receive updates on the status when it gets added in.

Regards,
Earl

Like Christian Mahlknecht likes this
Christian Mahlknecht February 25, 2020

thank you! vote & watch done

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer