create next-gen project not visible

Tino Gohl November 24, 2018

Hi,

i updated my jira yesterday to the latest version to try the new roadmap feature :)

In the documentation of the roadmap feature there is described that a new "next-gen" project has to be created to use the roadmap feature (enabled via project settings). unfortunately i am not able to create a next-gen project, cause i only can select  the following project types:jira.png

Also there was described in the documentation that there is a new global permission for the roadmap feature. I can't see that permission either.

Is this new feature only included in the cloud version?

Thanks and best regards,

Tino

2 answers

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2018

"i updated my jira yesterday to the latest version" - that answers the question because it tells us you must be using Server Jira.  Which does not have Next-gen projects or roadmaps.

Tino Gohl November 24, 2018

will this feature also come to server edition?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Saqib Mehboob February 20, 2019

We have cloud version but still we are unable to see the Next-gen Kanban template. simple kanban is available.  any idea why  ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2019

Next-gen doesn't have templates.  You create a next-gen project and then select what features you want in it - boards, scrum, etc

RJ April 30, 2021

I am experiencing the same issue, I can't see the next generation project option when I click on the create project button.

Suggest an answer