create foldable swimlanes

Anna Martell April 29, 2021

How can I create foldable swimlanes in the kanban? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi, @Anna Martell !

Thanks for clarifications to John's answer.

Why not? You can configure swimlines on Kanban board too - Configure swimlanes .

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

To configure the board and any of its settings, you must be either:

• project administrator for the location of the board
  • board administrator for the board itself

Hi @Alexander Bondarev  Yes sure, I'm the Administrator but I don't quite know which JQL is correct to use to create it. I've tried to follow the page you kindly attached but haven't worked it out.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2021

@Anna Martell ,

Oh, my mistake, sorry! 

If we are talking about "Backlog" tab, it is impossible to create additional "swimlane-folders".

"Selected for development" is the name of the first column of the "Kanban board" tab.

You just can set statuses that will be at this column: 

KP_board_-_Test_Dashboard_-_Jira.png

Ok, no worries, thanks. I would like to set it up for Kanban. Like this.. kanban1.PNG

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2021

@Anna Martell , looks cool!

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Anna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What do you mean by "foldable"?

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2021

I opened the question with the same thoughts 😁

Apparently, we will not find out, because your answer has been accepted!

Hi John, Thank you. 
I mean like this. But for the Kanban. foldable.PNG

Sorry, me not knowing yet how it all works here. Answer back to not yet accepted. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Sure  :-)

What is it you want to see with the Swimlanes? We can help with the JQL.

The main thing to remember is that a card can only be in one Swimlane an they are hierarchical from the top down. Meaning that if the card meets the JQL in the top Swimlane, then it will stay there. Otherwise the card will continue to work its way down through the Swimlanes if there are multiple ones. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

You can narrow down the view using Quick Filters, but you cannot see the totals per filter/swimlane in a single view in the Backlog. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events