connect email address

Seagull 1963 December 9, 2021

I connected my microsoft email address to the jira cloud service desk. It connected without a problem but when I try to send an email to this address, it still lands in my inbox on my computer instead of in my jira project. 

Anyone know what could be the problem here?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

wait you want to use your personal MS email as the custom JSM email? that seems odd. The emails will still go into your inbox but if you do not read them then Jira should process.

Seagull 1963 December 10, 2021

it's our company Microsoft email. That's the email we use for our webshop for customer support!

So I should just wait a few minutes before jira pulls them from my email box into jira itself?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

To be clear you are saying that you have a custom email that you were trying to use for your service desk project, correct? The email is something like support.my domain.com and is a Microsoft exchange email?

this certainly should work fine. Did you associate a Request Type with this email? Can you, or did you, try the default Atlassian provided email? Have you seen/read this documentation - how-do-customers-send-requests-by-email ? There are a number of articles there that may help.

0 votes
Seagull 1963 December 10, 2021

Overnight we got a few emails, still on unread and they aren't in jira :(

Maybe I need to do something in my email settings?

Suggest an answer