change default view for the Backlog

Indresh Mishra September 8, 2022

Hi,

I want to remove the field Story point and add a custom field "Story point estimate" in the default view. 

Now I have been able to add the new field, but how do I remove the old field?

Is there a way to edit fields displayed on the backlog view?

In the screenshot, story point 1 (highlighted in red) was the original field in my view. But I added another field (value 9). Now I want to remove the field circled in 9. 

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 17.19.47.png

PS the field is not there under Board Settings -> Card layout.

Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hello @Indresh Mishra 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?

That are some fields displayed automatically in the Backlog view. For a Company Managed project Scrum board the field that you choose for your Estimation Statistic is the one that will display in the location you indicated (where the "1" is displaying). Any field defined as a Number field can be used for Estimation Statistic. You can change the Estimation Statistic by going to Board Settings > Estimation.

So, if you have defined the Story Point Estimate field as a Number field you should be able to change the board Estimation Statistic to that field and get that value to display instead of the the Story Point value.

Indresh Mishra September 8, 2022

Thanks a lot, @Trudy Claspill ill try this and get back to you. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events