cannot complete sprint requires "manage sprint permissions"

lev_supersmart April 5, 2021

Hi,

I'm an administrator of a  project.

My "complete sprint" button is greyed out and says "You need the Manage sprints permission to start or complete this sprint"

Another administrator (the one that created the project) has the same role and has the complete sprint button working.

After following the instructions in the "manage sprint permissions" link, It still doesn't work. 

How do I get the permission?

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi @lev_supersmart,

Being an administrator does not necessarily grant you the Manage Sprints permission. It is a specific permission that is granted at project level. As a first step, check in project settings / permissions which roles or groups are assigned that permission. Then in project settings / people make sure you are assigned to a role with the appropriate permission.

On top of that, if the scrum board is based on what we call a complex filter, the permission settings of other projects may influence the manage sprints permission of your board. Have a look at this support article on additional steps to take and best practices. 

lev_supersmart April 5, 2021

Thank you,

It indeed was a complex filter issue

Like # people like this
0 votes
Angelika Bukina May 16, 2022

Try this fix - if your board filter is applied for multiple sprints (e.g. different projects / teams are represented as part of your filter query) , Complete button will be greyed out. Choose 1 sprint only and it might fix it. 

Inactive Complete Sprint Button.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events