can we install Service desk in dmz separatly of JIRA

InformatiquePLQ December 4, 2018

Hi presently we used Jira and Confluence on seperate server internal, now they asking me to implant service desk for the custumers.

Can I install service desk separatly of Jira on a server and place the server into the DMZ,

If yes do you have a documentation on how we install and communicate with Jira.

thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2018

Hi @InformatiquePLQ

you can install Jira Service Desk on a separate server, just like a "new" instance of Jira. It can be integrated easily with Jira and Confluence with Application Links.

You can install Service Desk by following this documentation.

This way you will have Service Desk on the DMZ and can keep your internal Jira/Confluence instances on your internal network.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2018

This is an interesting subject, security is always an important matter for system admins. Right now we are implementing this in our company and have been looking for the best approach and at the same time we have customers who wants this for their own environments.

The easy way is to do as Alexis has said, and it works well! But everything will be linked manually and if you want some kind of automation you will need to use features out of the box. Feel free to ask, as I'm building the solution at present.

Suggest an answer