can't create project

jonathan sun July 8, 2022

I keep getting this error "For some reason the magic didn't happen. Click Create to try again." when I create a brand new project.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jonathan sun July 10, 2022

Thank you.  I found out that I didn't add myself to the admin group.  After I went to my profile and change the group membership, I can create new projects.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

@jonathan sunI realize you may know this already but per the Atlassian documentation:

"You should be a Jira administrator (i.e. someone with the Administer Jira global permission), if you want to set up a new project in Jira Software (excluding team-managed project templates – unless your Jira admin has implemented a permission scheme in which only admins can create agility projects). Many of the tasks involved can only be performed by a Jira administrator, such as creating a project, modifying a workflow, etc. For more information, see Permissions overview."

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

@jonathan sun Welcome to the Atlassian community

Have you tried clearing your cache or using a different browser?  If it still occurs after doing that I can escalate to Atlassian since you are on a free plan.  Please report back what happens after you try a new browser or clear your cache.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events