can I make Select List (single choice), to populate Components in automation?

Thomas Björklund July 2, 2021

I have a custom field that is a Select List (single choice), 

When this is selected in Jira Service Desk, I want the selected value to be copied to the Components field in a new, different Software project. 

How can I accomplish this? 

I've tried adding the {{customfield_10188}} to the components field as an automation within service desk as well as in the end project when an issue is created. 

but I cant get it to work. 

How do I pick the selected option from custom field, to populate Components?  

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @Shrikant Wagh

from my understanding it was a copy over from a custom field to components:

grafik.png

The component is updated with the content of the customfield of type Select List (single choice) - using a smart value in Automation.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Shrikant Wagh July 2, 2021

I had the same requirement. I tried to hack it out and it works, but not sure if I am doing this right. Please share how you got this to work. Thanks!

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

Are you trying to update the list of available components in the other, Software, project, or are you trying to update the Components values on a specific issue in the Software project?

TL,DR: trying to update the Components values on a specific issue in the Software project?

-

there is a set list of components already in project A. they were created when I migrated 1700+ tasks from Asana. 

Now a custom field in a service desk form has a list of those components. 

When a user fills out the form it creates a ticket via automation in the correct project (project A). But the custom field just ends up by default as the custom field in Project A, I want that same field to update the Components field in Project A. 

Thanks Trudy for chiming in, I have solved this myself with an automation. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events