best way to give customers visibility into the enhancement requests/bug reports they filed?

Eric Krock March 6, 2024

Hi - Cloud-based Jira is our product ticket tracking system. Some people at my employer have been saying that Notion is an emerging standard for tracking customer requests and giving customers visibility to those requests. An initial change was done in which a Notion table is now used for tracking customer enhancement requests which must then be copied over into Jira when it's decided to take action on them. The current system increases the need for manual data entry without giving customers visibility into their tickets.

Personally, I'd prefer to use a single system (Jira) to track work tickets and give customers visibility into the status of their bugs/enhancement requests. For a company that users Jira to track engineering work tickets, what is the best way to give customers visibility to the status of their tickets?

I'm guessing it's Customer Portal with controls on what data is visible to the customer. I'd welcome expert guidance on the best way to do this!

Our current internal solution set is:

• engineering ticketing: Jira (happy with it, although it's not optimally configured)
  • wiki: Notion (company is happy with it)
  • HelpDesk ticketing: ZenDesk (we're underwhelmed)
  • Customer Documentation: ZenDesk (we're REALLY underwhelmed)
  • CRM: HubSpot

Some classic barriers to giving customer visibility into internal work tickets include:

• Don't want customers to see the entire ticket database, only subset filed by them.
  • Don't want customers to see all the comments. (Staff must be able to candidly discuss their thoughts and data that may come from other customers covered under mNDAs with them.)
  • Don't want customers to see all the metadata (e.g. labels).
  • Pricing

(Sorry, among Atlassian's products, I'm familiar with Jira and Confluence, not the rest. Atlassian Sales is welcome to email/call me.) Thanks for any info!

1 answer

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2024

Hi @Eric Krock

We are considering Jira Product Discovery for sharing feature requests with our customers as soon as the stakeholder sharing is available. (Should be available this quarter)

Doing this in Jira (Service Management) is rather difficult without another marketplace app or giving customers a Jira license seat, which isn't an option.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events