backlog board settings - add fields

Deleted user December 7, 2021

I'm trying to follow this post to add custom fields to our backlog board.  I've found the backlog board settings, select "card layout", and am able to add a new field and select the field name (Labels in my case).  However I don't see any sort of Save or Apply button on the board settings page, so I just hit "Back to Board" to go back to the backlog.  At that point a field is added to the card layout, but when I navigate back to the board settings, my selection of the column Labels is replaced with [CHART] Time in Status.  This seems to happen repeatedly.

Can anyone tell me how I can ensure the field I select remains persisted and shows up on the Backlog board?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi Jim, welcome to the community.

You are correct that there is no save, it automatically saves. So if you wanted to remove it you would have to use the Delete button. It sounds like what you’ve done is working as you are seeing the labels. I believe that the confusion is that when you return and you see chart that is actually the location where you can add another field, assuming you have not already met the three limit. If you look more closely at what’s displayed on your screen I believe you will see labels below that chart entry point. Here is an example.

DA5C76BF-1D41-446D-B67F-AF2429BF8029.jpeg

Deleted user December 7, 2021

Thanks Jack, with your help above I got this figured out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events