How can I customize the cards in my backlog view + active sprint board ?

lisa December 22, 2020

Hey there,

I am trying to figure out how I can customize the cards in my backlog view. Currently it looks like this

How it looks currently

Cards in Backlog view 

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 08.57.39.png

Cards in active sprint board 

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 08.57.55.png

What I want to add (not sure if possible)

• status (this is for the backlog card to see status in progress, etc.) 
  • Labels (I added to each ticket)
  • Subtasks
  • Time box estimate (in case I don't have Story points, but a timebox)

Thank you so much for your help

Lisa

2 answers

3 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Hi @lisa 

Jira allows you to add up to 3 fields to the backlog view and then 3 (the same or different) fields to the active view.

Click the 3 dots in the top right hand corner, then select Board settings, Click on the Card layout menu item and you're presented with a screen where you can select to add up to 3 items for the Backlog view and the Active view.

I hope this helps

Deleted user December 6, 2021

Hi Warren, I've tried to update my backlog view and have added fields, but I don't see a "Save" button, and when I navigate back to the board after adding the field (labels in this case), the selection reverts back to "[CHART] Time in Status".  Any idea what I need to do to make the added field name stick?

Here's what I see after I select labels, back to board, and then board settings again...

2021-12-06_14-21-47.png

Like Josh Simnitt likes this
Kathryn.Wells June 22, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

Where it says [CHART] Time in Status, select the Field Name you want from the dropdown, then click Add (indicated by the red arrow). It will now reflect in your Backlog card view.

2022-06-22_12-12-39.jpg

Like Hadar Gershuny likes this
0 votes
Tamara Berner June 9, 2022

Hi, 

Can I ask where to find this setting or whether it still exists? 

If I navigate to Project settings > board settings, I see no such thing as card layout. 

Szymon F August 8, 2022

I believe you might have a Team managed project. The card layout is available for Company managed projects

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events