automation default tekst in discription

Eric Roetenberg July 2, 2021

Hello 

Is it possible to fill a field with text with automation? In the first screen when you do create issue.
So for example: Create >> user story

And that there is already standard text in the description field.

Before I activate create

layout tekst automation.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

No this is not possible as stated, i.e. before the create. There is no default value for the description field like there might be with other fields. You can obviously use automation after the create to populate the description field. Shruti illustrates a means of doing this.

0 votes
shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

Hi @Eric Roetenberg 

If I understand your requirement clearly then yes, its possible to populate default text in particular field by using automation .

Please find the below screenshot .When rule run ,testing text will populate by default .

testing.PNG

Eric Roetenberg July 6, 2021

@shruti gupta 

thanks for your response, This only works if you create the issue first, and then open it again and I want to see this on the first screen

shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

HI @Eric Roetenberg 

Yes , this will only work on the edit screen.

I have searched and found one similar to your query 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Default-text-for-Description-field-on-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/785597#M282928

I hope this will resolve your issue .

Suggest an answer