attachments are not uploaded after migration form jira cserver to jira cloud

r.mhadhebi April 11, 2019

We are migrating our data form jira server to jira cloud. The main data (projects, issues..) was successfully backed up form jira server and then imported to jira cloud.
However, for some reason the scrum boards as well as the attachments were not imported to jira cloud. Every time I was trying to import the attachments, it shows a success message (Jira attachments import is complete,Your attachments import is complete. You can now use Jira as normal.), but none of the attachments is imported. I was following this documentation  ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrating-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-779160826.html ).

Any suggestions please to resolve problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Hi there, and welcome to Community. Nice to meet you!

I noticed that you raised the same question to the support team and they were able to resolve your issue.

It was determined that your Jira server was configured to automatically compress the attachments to reduce storage usage.

Unzipping using the command below was able to resolve your issue, from my understanding:

gunzip -r data/

Can you confirm? Do you have any remaining issues or questions?

Regards,

Shannon

r.mhadhebi April 15, 2019

Hey!

Yes this was the issue! I was able to import the attachments after unzipping the folders.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer