Zendesk Integration - Update Ticket on Custom Field Change

Patrick Harland-Lee December 6, 2021

I don't believe this is possible with the native integrations between Zendesk and JIRA, so I guess I'm looking for the best 3rd party application that will allow us to add an internal comment on ALL linked Zendesk tickets when the JIRA has one of its custom fields change, rather than only being able to do so when the Status field changes.

We're not able to change our Status workflow. Basically, after a JIRA has been set to Done, another field called Release will get updated once the code change from the fix has been pushed out to our clients.

We want our support agents to get updates in the Zendesk ticket when the custom field 'Release' is updated; the fix is in the testing environment (e.g. Release = "UAT") or when it hits the live environment (e.g. Release = "PROD").

We want to avoid sending emails to people because they never read them, and if they're in the ticket the other people looking at the ticket can see the latest updates.

4 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2022

Hi @Patrick Harland-Lee

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

The use case you described is a very standard use case we come across often. Using Exalate, you can achieve this use case and much more. You can easily sync any field (including custom fields) using Exalate, and you can add custom comments to all your linked Zendesk tickets based on any trigger within Jira. 

If you would like to see our product in action, please feel free to book a demo

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2022

@Patrick Harland-Lee hi. hope you've found the solution you've been looking for. In case you decide to switch the tools and try an alternative to what you currently use, i'd like to make a proposition.  My name is Diana and I am a solutions architect at ZigiWave. Our no-code integration platform ZigOps will help you achieve the Zendesk Jira integration in a matter of minutes. It allows the transfer of default and custom fields between the systems and syncs them in real-time. Our tool reads the schema dynamically and can transfer any field. If you want to see how it works in action: book a technical demo.

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2022

Hi @Patrick Harland-Lee ! Another 3rd party is Unito. You could map the Jira custom field to a Zendesk custom field in order to notify the ZD team.

0 votes
Michaela Staffova December 10, 2021

Hello there @Patrick Harland-Lee , Michaela from Integromat here 👋

Not sure about the native possibilities of making this happen but since you're saying you might be looking for a third-party service to help you out, I thought I'd jump in. 

To connect your Jira and Zendesk accounts, you could check out Integromat. It's a no-code platform that lets you connect pretty much any apps and automate all sorts of processes and workflows 🤓

To learn about the options, you can check out both of the services on Integromat and see the features of the integrations:

➡️  Jira

➡️. Zendesk

To start exploring the possibilities of Integromat, you can simply sign up for a free account and get the ball rolling ⚽

Suggest an answer