Your workflow doesn't allow issues to be created in this status

Season Hughes November 30, 2022

I am trying to create a new issue. When I try to create the issue in a certain status (Ready for Test, Closed, or In Test), I get this message: "Your workflow doesn't allow issues to be created in this status."

In my workflow, all statuses can transition to each other except for the three workflows above which require a screen with more information to be displayed during the transition (Ready for Test and In Test require a Fix Version; Closed requires a Resolution).

How can I set up my workflow to allow issues to be Created with these statuses?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-11-30 160632.pngScreenshot 2022-11-30 160743.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hello @Season Hughes 

As per the change request for this feature:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69559

When you select the status of an issue while creating it, you'll only be able to select statuses that don't have screens, actions, rules, validations or conditions in your workflow. 

So you won't be able to select those three statuses. As you have described them they have one or more of the disqualifying elements. You would have to remove the elements that manage requiring the Fix Version and Resolution fields.

Suggest an answer