Write scripts in jira

Mamikon Papikyan September 5, 2020

Hi atlassian,

I need a free plugin of jira (such as scriptrunner) to write scripts or codes for refering jira custom fields with some functionalities.  Any idea?

Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2020

Hi @Mamikon Papikyan 

It depends what you're looking to do when referring to the custom fields.

You might be able to do some actions using Automation for Jira, which comes built-in to Jira Cloud.

Otherwise you can try looking for an app based on your needs on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ - on the left-hand side are filters for limiting your search to Jira or Cloud - at the bottom of these filters is a "More Filters" option where you can limit your search to "Free" Apps

If you can let us know specifically what you want to script, it might help us suggest an option :)

Ste

Mamikon Papikyan September 5, 2020

Hi Stephen! Thank you for your answer.

I need to write script where I will be able to connect to perforce server getting information from perforce and set it in custom fields of jira...

(Sorry for bad english :) )

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2020

Automation could do that if your Perforce service accepts http REST calls from other systems.  If you need to run p4 commands though, you'll need one of the scripting apps - Scriptrunner or Powerscripts for example.  They're not free, and there's no properly supported or reliable free alternative other than writing your own apps to do it.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events