Workflow transition not visible

Kjetil Laugsand June 10, 2022

We have a project using the classic workflow, where all states may transition to the Closed state.

However, there is no 'Closed' button in the issue view in Jira, so it is not possible to perform the transition to the Closed state.

I have the nescessary permission to perform the transition to Closed, and there are no conditions in the workflow.

Anyone who can help us with this problem?

4 answers

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2022

Hi @Kjetil Laugsand ,

It might be a permission issue, I think there is a permission to close issues. Make sure you have this permission. 

Kjetil Laugsand June 13, 2022

Hi @Bastian Stehmann

I don't believe it is a issue with permissions. I have checked with the permission helper, and it shows that I have the nescessary permissions.

image.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Kjetil Laugsand  - Click on the All transition to the Closed status and see if there is a Condition there that might be preventing it from being visible. If possible, please share a screenshot of the Conditions list. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

Sorry, your other screen shot showed up after that. 

0 votes

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

Could you share an image of what you are seeing? If you are an admin can you please edit and inspect the workflow transition to closed?

Image of the view issue screen. I presumed that the 'Closed' button should be visible here.

image.png

Image of the workflow associated with the project and issue type. As you can see all states may transition to Closed state.image.png

And finally an image of the Closed transition. No conditions or validators are configured.

image.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

I can't recall the behavior of Server ...what shows under the More drop down?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

Are you sure you published the Workflow? And have you reindexed since you published the workflow? 

@John Funk There have been no changes on this workflow for a very long time, so yes I am sure that the workflow is published.

There have also been several reindexes after this workflow was last published.

@Jack Brickey Here is an image showing the More drop down.

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

Well, I am baffled. I would submit a support request to Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

Two thing I would look at...

• check other issues in other statuses to see if Closed is an option
  • remove and add back the all transition and publish
Like John Funk likes this

@Jack Brickey I checked other issues in other states than Resolved, but no Closed button on these.

I also tried to remove the all transition to Closed, published the workflow, and then added back the all transition to Closed. Still no Closed button after publishing the workflow.

So I am a bit stuck here.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

I too i'm scratching my head a bit here. However I am on cloud so I really can't check things out on my side. I guess as a last suggestion maybe add a dedicated transition from resolved to closed. If nothing else it would be an interesting test. Is it even remotely possible that the issues you are looking at are not actually associated with the workflow that you are viewing?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

It would be good to click the "view workflow" link beside the status jus to confirm the last theory/question I posed here.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2022

@Kjetil Laugsand ,

any update here?

Kjetil Laugsand June 13, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey

I did try to add an explicit transition to the Closed state, but this did not resolve the problem. All issue types are associated with the same workflow.

Below is a screenshot of the workflow that is in use:

image.png

Suggest an answer