Workflow transition not visible in issue

Deleted user December 12, 2017

I use a workflow which ends in status Done with a transition 'Not accepted' which should cause the status To Do. Unfortunatelly this transition is not visible at the issue. I can't figure out what is wrong with this.

I did make some changes in Project Permissions, so it's possible I did something wrong there. I guessed I need permission to 'Resolve Issues'. But even when I give access to 'anyone logged in', it doesn't resolve the problem.

Any idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

Open up the workflow again and have a look at the "conditions" on the workflow transition called "not accepted".  A user needs to meet all the rules set in the conditions there (which are usually things like "must be in role X", and "must have resolve issues permission", but could be almost anything), plus they need to have "transition issues" permission too.

Deleted user December 12, 2017

Ah... It's in the 'Transition Issues' Permission.  #ShameOnMe.

(There are no conditions for the Transition)

Thanks.

0 votes
Palla July 25, 2019

I had same issue, but i have required permissions.

few people can see the transition few can't be, but all are having same permissions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2019

Have you done what was suggested in the accepted answer?

Palla July 25, 2019

Yes I checked, but no luck.

Problem is: workflow transition button is not visible for one user but not to another user. But both users having same permissions.

I have tried browser cache and project re-index, but no luck.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2019

Can you show us what you found when you followed the advice in the accepted answer?

Palla July 25, 2019

Hello Nic, 

As per you advice, user name added to "Developer role". this developer role has permissions all permissions except project administration. like, create issue, edit, delete, 

Transition issue, Resolve issue.. etc.

The condition which applied is: "Only users with Resolve Issues permission can execute this transition.".

Leave for the users, this option is not showing for one of JIRA system admin person itself (this person has all access from project to full system level permissions)

Palla July 25, 2019

I have clearly mentioned points here, I am not sure what you are asking more than that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events