Workflow Validator details

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Our company has a main group of admin users of our JIRA server that creates and manages all of our projects for us.  We have to put in service requests for any changes, but I typically like to understand the make up of the system before I waste someone's time with a request that doesn't make any sense.  Thus, I'm trying to understand what Workflow validators are in place prior to making requests for changes.  i.e. what we have may work if I could just have confidence that I fully understand what we have.  Know where I am, so I can more effectively get to where I need to be.  :)

Now to my question.... Is there a way to see the current workflow validators from the project settings page?  (I only learned about the existence of validators today so forgive me if I've used the terminology wrong)

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Hello, in this documentation you can see how to configure validations and conditions.

There are also links to the options. This is the standard, depending on the add-ons that your tour has, there may be more options.

Greetings

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2021

These instructions require Admin with global permissions.  I don't have that level of power and I don't really want them.  I just want to be able to see what the current state of the validators are for the project without having to go get on the backlog of work of our Admins.

Anything for a "Project Admin" for a project that uses some global schemes?

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2021

From what I understand, you're looking to just view the workflow validator as a "Project Admin". I don't think this is possible and it looks like there are no plans to implement this request/feature for the time being. Refer to the following;

[Jira Server] Allow Users to view Workflow Condition/Validator from Issue Page 

[Jira Cloud] Allow Users to view Workflow Condition/Validator from Issue Page 

However, there are two more request tickets open which are in 'Gathering Interest' stage;

[Jira Cloud] give non-admin users read-only view of Workflow conditions (not just the Workflow map) 

[Jira Server] give non-admin users read-only view of Workflow conditions (not just the Workflow map) 

Like Piotr Janik likes this
Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2021

Yep that's exactly what I was looking for... bummer.  Looks like the server version enhancement request is closed.  I suppose I could write another one, but I'm sure it would end up in the same place.  At least I know that I'm not missing something and will just have to make requests to our super admins to understand the full data model.

Thanks @Airbus Driver !

Like Airbus Driver likes this
Balázs Szakál _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2021

Hey @Aaron Gage , 

we got an app for that named Glass Project Information. You can grant access to any1 to be able to overview project configuration, including workflow details. Also if you wish to export the config, see our other app, Glass Project Documentation!

Let me know if that helps! :) 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer