Workflow Automation

Rich Costello
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2022

We currently have an up and running Jira Software Server with multiple projects. I'd like to setup some workflows with automation. Is this possible in Jira Software Server or would we have to upgrade to Jira Software Cloud?

What forms trigger related workflows can you do in Jira Software Server?

Thanks,

1 answer

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hey Rich,

You should be able to do this, but it will probably take a third party app such as Automation for Jira or ScriptRunner. 

There is a free version of Automation called Automation for Jira Lite which might be a good place to start. 

Rich Costello
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 28, 2022

Thanks John. Do these include workflows that include PowerShell scripts?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

I don’t know that they would include PowerShell scripts, but you could give it a try for free.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events