Wild character search doesn't work

Akshay Singh April 14, 2021

When I am looking for a pattern for example all linked tickets starting with DAYxxxxx, I am using link = DAY* but this doesn't work or fetch results. Please advise

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi Akshay - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share your actual query that you are using? 

Thanks John. A simple query such as this where Labels are like DAY1,DAY2, DAY3 etc

project = RL AND labels = DAY* ORDER BY created DESC

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Try pulling DAY* in parenthesis like project = RL AND labels = "DAY*" ORDER BY created DESC

I have tried that and did again, it doesn't fetch the results even though there are matching records

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

So it looks like this is not currently available. You can vote for the feature request and follow it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-23038

I would be surprised if wild card is not supported in JQL but I will add a feature request. Thanks for your prompt responses

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Feature request is already there - you just need to click on the link and vote for it.  :-)

Like Akshay Singh likes this

done

Suggest an answer