Widgets to show Unassigned Time to Multiple Users

Saxon Julian January 18, 2021

In JIRA, my team has been simultaneously working on tasks together. Because of this, there are some tasks that are not assigned an assignee. This causes some conflict with our widgets as it does not allocate time on them like the pie chart shown below. We are weary about assigning one or the other person and it allocating all the time to that one assignee. Does anyone have any recommendations for this?

Thanks.image.pngimage.png

4 answers

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 29, 2021

Hello @Saxon Julian 

You can generate an Assignee time report and monitor how long a particuar Assignee has been assigned to each issue and how long it takes them to solve each issue with Time in Status for Jira Cloud

image (1).pngimage.png

Hope it helps.

Regards, Mariana

0 votes
Kirill Medvednykov November 26, 2021

Hello @Saxon Julian 

In our company we had the same issue, and as a result, I created the app to calculate time spent by developers and tasks. This app works only for scrum board and if you use scrum it will fit you 100%.

This is the free app Simple Time Tracker Report for Jira

Best regards

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2021

Hello @Saxon Julian ,

Thanks for reaching out, and looking at this the Unassigned issues should be showing up in the workload pie chart unless the assignee is excluded directly from the filter via an "Assignee is not empty"  or restricted in the filter to a certain set of users.

As an example, if the filter is set to something like the following:

Project = example AND assignee in (user1,user2,user3)

Then only the specified users are included and therefore an exclusion of the unassigned issues is occurring so to get the specific set of users plus the unassigned issues you could modify as follows:

Project = example AND (assignee in (user1,user2,user3) OR assignee is EMPTY)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Earl

Saxon Julian January 20, 2021

Earl,

Here is a screenshot of the filter we are using on the Workload Pie Chart. It should not be excluding un-assigned time, but the un-assigned time still does not appear to be displaying on the pie chart.

image.png

Thanks,

Saxon

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Hello @Saxon Julian ,

I have not been able to replicate the behavior you are seeing here but looking at your screenshot I think I may see what is occurring and have some questions about issue type setup and field configurations for the issue types at play, it looks like you have "Epic" issues as that parent issue type with "task" as a standard issue type.  Is this correct?  and if so how did you get the parent value populated with the epic value?  or are the issue type Avatar icons custom using the purple/white lightning bolt (default for epic) and the Blue/white check box (default for task) on alternate issue type and a custom sub-taks called task?

As the "Parent" field should be displaying the parent of a Sub-task issue type, not a standard-issue type, and the epic link field would be the one to look at for pulling out a standard-issue that is a child of an Epic.

Additionally, I see that you are using the "Σ Time Spent" or "aggregatetimespent" value to show an issue with a time allocation and this field shows the rolled up time from child issues to the parent however the Piechart is looking directly at the "time spent" field on an issue and will not show aggregated time, so if the task issue has sub-tasks with time spent, but the task itself does not have any time spent then the piechart will not include the aggregated value.  If you add the time spent field as a column to your search results is a value shown in this field?

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

May be you need to generate the report by based on worklogs.

we have multiple plugins to display worklogs in Jira. Please check the below link

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Time%20tracking&hosting=cloud&product=jira 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events