Why isn't my jira tickets appearing in the active agile board after i change status

Ethan November 16, 2020

Hi there,

I have 2 questions and looking for help how to get this done.

1. I added a new status and then added the status to our active jira workflow.  The new status has no rules or transition.  My problem is when a user change to this new status, it disappears from any of the columns on the active agile board?   

2.  We have a number of application environment where we change the status of our tickets to reflect the environment it has been released into e.g. for dev environment (we named it INT), we have "Ready for INT" (this is when developers will merge their code into INT and then the status is changed to "Released to INT" where BAs and testers can sniff test the changes made for a block of tickets.  The problem is these tickets also no longer appears in any of the columns on the active agile board (we have 6 columns - "to do", "In BA", "In Dev", "In Test", "blocked" and "done").  Is this the same problem as above?

At the moment, we trace this under the release page where these tickets are tagged for with a specific release number. Is what we are practicing the right way to perform release management in Jira?

Looking forward to your assistance

Kind regards.  

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hi Ethan,

I am not sure I am following all that you are doing, but it sounds like you don't have some of the statuses mentioned mapped to your board. 

You should go to the board, then click the 3 dots menu in the upper right and choose Board settings.

Then check the Columns to see if the statuses are mapped to any of the columns. If not, then drag the status from the far right to the appropriate column. 

Ethan November 16, 2020

Thanks John.  Appreciate the guide. Yes ... I found the status and updated it and a few others under Q2 also.  Appreciate your prompt reply. 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

so you mention the new status has no transitions but I suspect that is not the case since you mention folks are changing to the new status. In any event I suspect it is disappearing from the board because the new status is not mapped to any column in the board. Check for this under Board settings > columns and look to the right for unmapped statuses.

likely your second question is similar cause.

Ethan November 16, 2020

Thanks Jack for your input .... did not realise that i need to check the board settings as we don't do this often.  

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events