Why is the Slack panel not displaying

Kristine Donate April 5, 2019

I have enabled the "Display Slack panel on issues in the project" for several of our Jira projects.  For some of the projects, the panel is displayed as expected.  For others, it is not.  I have tripled checked the option is enabled for the one project where I am NOT seeing the panel.  Help!  Please!!

I understand this is not much to go on.  But any help is greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019

Hello Kristine,

I hope you are having a nice day.

There are several add-ons that allow you to integrate both JIRA and Slack. Can you please confirm which one you are using?

Assuming you are using the Official JIRA Integration Plugin provided by Atlassian, can you please confirm that you have configured your JIRA project with any Slack channel on Slack side?

Have you tried to disable and them enable the integration again for the projects?

If possible, can you provide us a screenshot of the page where you selected to Display Slack panel on issues in the project?

Additionally, let us know if any errors are being returned in the issue view at the JavaScript Console of the Browser.

Kristine Donate April 10, 2019

Screen shot of the Slack panel working just fine for a different Jira project.Pasted_Image_4_10_19__9_25_AM.jpg

And a screen shot of the setup for the Jira project where the panel is NOT working.  Yes, display of the slack panel is enabled.  And this project is all ready connected to  Slack channels.  

Pasted_Image_4_10_19__9_29_AM.jpg

Kristine Donate April 23, 2019

Anyone have any other ideas??

Suggest an answer