Why is the 'Add Gadget' button not showing even to the Dashboard owner?

Marya Calaunan Magno March 8, 2018

No Add Gadget Button.JPGThe "Add Gadget" button went missing after a few days of creating the dashboard. Double checked the owner, it is not changed. Can someone help me determine what the problem is and how it can be resolved? Thanks much!

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2018

Hmm.. Maybe you want to Edit a System Dashboard that cannot be edited from this view (only by administrator)

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2018

This is probably the reason

Marya Calaunan Magno March 11, 2018

I am an administrator and I also cannot edit it. I have the same view. Is there any other way to edit a dashboard? Kindly help. Thank you so much!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2018

You need to be the owner of the dashboard, as @Mirek says.

Marya Calaunan Magno March 11, 2018

The screenshot is the view of both the dashboard owner and an administrator. That is the reason why neither of us can add a gadget. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2018

Marya, the System Dashboard must be edited from the system panel. Use the "." shortcut and write "Dashboard" or go to System --> User Interface --> System Dashboard

Like Jon Cohen likes this
Marya Calaunan Magno March 13, 2018

Hi Cristian, 

Thank you for your answer.

But my main concern is not about the system dashboard. My colleague (who is not an admin) created her own dashboard. She was able to add gadgets and edit its layout for a while. After a few days, she cannot see the add gadget button anymore. I, as an administrator, checked her issue and figured out I also do not have the add gadget button because I am not the owner of the dashboard.

Main concern is, why did her add gadget button disappear? Is this a known issue in JIRA? Please advise if there's any way how to fix this.

Thank you so much!

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2018

Marya, 

If this is not the system Dashboard then I can only think of a maximum limit of gadgets in your dashboards:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira063/modify-the-gadget-limit-on-a-dashboard-683542386.html

This link is for version 6.3 and I have never checked that configuration.

Hope it helps

Suggest an answer