Why is my timeline not shown?

Michael Siebers June 22, 2021

I'm new to Jira and was trying out different types of projects. Everything worked fine. Then I decided on a project template and started my first "production" project. At first, everything worked fine. However, since this morning the Timeline view (is that the right terminology?) is broken. When loading the view, the Timeline background is displayed, the month labels are formatted, and the today marker is shown. Then the view turns blank and I receive the following error message:

Something's gone wrong

Try refreshing or navigating to another page. If you still see this message, our service might be disrupted. Check our status for updates. 

ERROR: 1R6J25S

Refreshing the page does not change the message. Restarting the browser has no effect. The status reports no disruptions (at least for Jira). Googling the error code returns zero results.

On the error console (Firefox) the following error is reported at location vendor~f9ca8911.de383129eeb0a2529446.8.js:100:195 twice:

TypeError: Object(...)(...)[j] is undefined

Any idea, why I see this behavior and how to fix it?

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

Hello Michael and welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing what you have done, set up, and where you're seeing the problem. From the output you sent, it looks like Javascript might not be enabled within your browser.

Could you please confirm Javascript is enabled in your browser?

If available, please test in another browser as well with Javascript enabled.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Michael Siebers June 23, 2021

Hello Stephen, thanks for the welcome and your answer.

I have checked my browser configuration. Javascript is (and was) enabled. In principle, I can still reproduce the behavior. However, the error number has changed. I can reproduce the behavior in multiple browsers:

• Firefox 89.0.1 (64-bit), Ubuntu
  • Chrome 89.0.4389.128 (Official Build) (64-bit), Ubuntu
  • Firefox 89.0.2 (64-bit), Windows 10
  • MS Edge 91.0.864.48 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit), Windows 10

In both Firefox browsers the error code `12ETGRK` is reported. The two chromium-based browsers produce the error code `1WX991P`.

Any further ideas?

Kind regards,
Michael Siebers

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2021

Hello Michael,

Thanks for testing multiple browsers and confirming you're still seeing the same behavior. I'm going to create a support case for this on your behalf to have this investigated further. Be on the lookout for an email with details to your support case.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Michael Siebers June 25, 2021

Thanks Stephen!

0 votes
Cecília P_ July 5, 2021

Hi Michael,

I have the exact same problem as you, and have taken the exact same steps you took to try and fix the issue (such as searching for the error code). I have not been able to view my timeline for days now. This is the message I see:

JiraIssue.png

If this issue is fixed for you, and if you happen to have some time off, kindly update us. I would love to know if this error is gone for you so that I might request a support ticket myself.

Best regards,

Cecilia Peres

Michael Siebers July 5, 2021

Hi Cecilia,

this looks like the issue I'm experiencing. Atlassian support is working on it. I will keep you updated when the issue is resolve.

Kind regards,
Michael Siebers

Cecília P_ July 5, 2021

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it and will be on the lookout for updates.

Best,

Cecília Peres

Michael Siebers July 14, 2021

Hi Cecilia,

Atlassian support has informed me that my issue is fixed. I can confirm that my timeline is shown without errors. Since I did not change my project in any way, the problem seems to have been a genuine bug. So hopefully, your issue is resolved too.

Kind regards,
Michael

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Cecília P_ July 14, 2021

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the update - I really appreciate it.

Yes, it appears it has been solved for me as well. Great news!

Good luck with your ongoing projects.

Best regards,

Cecília

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS