Why is my count 1 for every transition to status issues count?

Tara Woodham February 17, 2021

I have created a report with the measure of transition to status issues count, a page of time, and a row of Transition. I have gotten it down to the status transitions and the time frame I am most concerned about, but when I drill down into the issues within each transition, they all have a count of 1, and I know there are issues that did that transition from status multiple times. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Tara Woodham,

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

1. How are you creating the report?
  2. Is this a standard report in Jira Cloud or you are using a third-party app? 
Tara Woodham February 17, 2021

I just created my own report in eazyBI. I have eazyBI as an app in Jira CloudeazyBIreport.PNG

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Tara Woodham,

Thanks for the extra information.

I believe you are referring to the "Transitions to status issues count" stats.

This is the issue count, not how many times an issue was transitioned to this status; from eazyBI doc

How many (unique) issues have transitioned to selected status in Transition Status dimension (or only transitions that are selected in Transition dimension) during the period chosen in Time dimension.

The measure is located in Distinct issues count measure group.

Correct me if my understanding of your question is wrong here. 

Like Sir Mārtiņš Vanags likes this
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2021

Hi @Tara Woodham 

I believe you already got the correct answer from @mogavenasan 

You would need to use "Transitions to status" to see the counter of transitions.

However, "Transitions to status issue count" would show a unique result for each issue. It shows 1 if issue has the transition at least once.

@mogavenasan thanks for sharing the answer.

Martins / eazyBI support team

Like mogavenasan likes this

Suggest an answer