Why doesn't a ticket appear on the Kanban when I click create

Edwin Wortel May 4, 2021

Hi. We're reviewing Jira Service management and Jira Software. 

In the service portal we can file tickets which appear in the Kanban in Jira Software. But there's also a button to create a new ticket of type task. This doesn't appear on the Kanban. because it only shows tickets of type Feature request.

Why? I suspect the Kanban board type is wrong and should be another one?

2 answers

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Edwin Wortel , welcome to the Community!

You will need to go into your board settings (3 dots at the top right of the board) and then click on Edit Filter Query, where you will be able to edit the filter which the board is using to show other issue types.

See more on this here. Hope this helps!

Edwin Wortel May 4, 2021

Nope it didn't, 

Can't I not create a new 'New Feature' request type ticket from the Create button in the top?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

@Edwin Wortel A board can display any issues on it that you want it to, whether they're created via the portal or via the big blue Create button in the top menu.

However, you need to tell the board what you want it to display. By default, the project board will display all issues within the project that the issue is created (so the board's filter would be "Project = [PROJECT_KEY]". Seeing as there are no boards in Service Management projects (these are only in Software Projects), you will need to edit the board settings to display the issues created in the Service Management project.

To do this, please refer to the link in the previous answer.

Edwin Wortel May 4, 2021

Hi,

Yes, and thank you for the answer. That makes perfectly sense, however, when I changed that filter query, my 10 test users could not access the board anymore.

The filter key was "project = COG,  ORDER BY Rank ASC", and then I changed it into "project in (COG, CRS) ORDER BY Rank ASC" the board disappeared for them, but not for me.

Thanks again

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

@Edwin Wortel So there are a couple of thing to check here:

Usually, access to a board is denied when a user doesn't have access to the filter which is being used by the board. Depending on how you edited the filter, you might have created a new filter rather than tweaking the existing one (which the users has access to), so you will need to share this new filter if this is the case. To do this:

1. Click on Filters in the top menu
  2. Either in your list of starred filters, or within the 'View all filters' section, click on your newly saved filter
  3. Click on Details (this will be near the Save/Save As button
  4. Click on Edit Permissions
  5. Choose which project/group/organisation you want to give access to, then click on Add
  6. Save the permission change

If this doesn't work, check that the users have at least the Browse Issues permission for both COG and CRS projects, which can be found/granted in each project's permission scheme.

0 votes
Ankur tripathi May 4, 2021

Hi Edwin,

Tickets of other issue types are not showing maybe because the Board filter query is not correct. Configure it for all issues and it will work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events