Why does the Due Date field only appears for "Create" button, but not for "Create Issue" link.

Anthony Fudd December 5, 2022

If you create an issue by clicking the big blue "Create" button at the top of the screen, the issue will allow you to add a due date (assuming that your field configuration allows the due date field). However, if you are in the Backlog and you click the "Create Issue" link at the bottom of the backlog list, the resulting issue will not include the option for a due date.

Is there a way to make sure that BOTH methods for creating issues allow access to the Due Date field?

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Anthony Fudd and welcome to the community!

When creating an issue from the backlog, it's only going to prompt you for a summary.  From there you can click it and it will show the available fields that have been defined under Board Settings >> Issue Details View which does not include Due Date by default.  However, you can add it.

Anthony Fudd December 5, 2022

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply!

I wasn't exactly sure what you meant by "from there you can click it", but from your answer, I discovered that after entering a summary for a new issue, I can click the three dots (...) to the right (near the Cancel button), and that will open the full menu for issue creation. I think that between this information and the knowledge that I can also click the big blue "Create" button at the top of the page, my issue has been solved. Thanks, again!

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events