Why does it say "you don't have permission to transition this issue" in a board?

Artak Tovmasyan June 1, 2022

There is a board where it says "you don't have permission to transition this issue" on all of the tickets. I can't write comments or make any changes.

This is weird since our project admin gave me maximum permissions and even then the issue is not resolved. Everyone else on the board can edit the issues with no problem.

I've searched the community before and found a resolved issue similar to mine. However, the resolution did not help me and I still have the same issue with a few boards. Meaning I can't do my job properly and have to bug my colleagues to change issue status on tickets assigned to me.

Same issue for our service desk. I have access to it and can edit the board settings, however I can't comment on the issues.

Please help

2 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hey @Artak Tovmasyan ,

Unfortunatly this can be a lot things. Without knowing the exact permissions you have on the project it's gonna be hard to troubleshoot.

One thing that comes to mind is that perhaps the admin has set a workflow property on the workflow of these tickets which prohibits you from editing/transitioning them.

As you mention it's only on a few boards I'm going to assume your license is set up correctly.

Could you also verify whether you are working in a company managed or team managed project?

Any screenshots (redacted of course) of what's going on might also help.

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Artak Tovmasyan 

Ask your admin to check you are in a role that has the "Transition Issue" permission in the project permission schema.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events