Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't my team create company managed projects unless they are site admins?

i don't understand the permissions. unless they are site admins, users cannot 1) invite their team to jira to collaborate 2) create company managed projects. How can i make sure everyone gets access in the organisation but without giving everyone advanced admin rights? 

1 answer

1 vote

Welcome to the Community!

To create a "company managed" project, you have to be a Jira admin.  Site admins can grant that right, and usually have it themselves.

But the point of "company-managed" is that teams can't diverge from any standard or shared ways of doing things, and that means a small team of admins control all the aspects of the projects that need to be done in particular ways to enable cross-team working and consistency.  (There's still plenty of config within projects that the project admins can configure - users, versions, components, boards etc, but they can't go off and randomly create fields or processes that could conflict with your standards)

If you want to let your people do everything differently team-by-team, that's fine, but you should (and can) only do that with team-managed projects.

Company-managed project configuration is limited to Jira admins.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

610 views 21 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you