Why are labels showing up on my board when no issues have that label?

Mickey Warner July 29, 2022

There are labels on my board (a team-managed project) that are not attached to any issues. The labels are on issues from other boards (both team-managed and company-managed). I thought a team-managed project does not share objects from other projects?

5 answers

0 votes
Zahid Mehmood November 9, 2022

In the old Github Issues project board, labels for each issue/PR were shown. In the new issues beta, I can't see the labels nor any way to enable this feature.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is this just a regression in functionality?

0 votes
Zahid Mehmood November 9, 2022

I am Still facing this issue. any other expert hep me out. Thanks

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2022

It is true labels are global. 

0 votes
Cow Squishmallow July 30, 2022

Thanks you for posting. i resolved my issue because of you post. thanks again

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2022

HI Mickey - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share a screenshot of the entire issue? 

Mickey Warner July 29, 2022

Here's a snippet of the relevant part of the issue. None of these labels are on any of the issues on my board, so I don't expect them to be part of this drop down.

After looking further into this, it seems this is actually intended behavior since the labels are supposed to be global (these labels appear on other boards at my company). That sounds pretty ridiculous if true.

jira-labels.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events