Why I can not open a Jira ticket in a new tab page?

jing_zeng2 May 7, 2021

When I click a ticket in my project board ,the ticket will display as dialog or slidebar (these two view mode can be switch each other),but when i right click on my mouse ,i can not find the hyperlink which tell me that i can open the ticket on a new tab page or new window.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi @jing_zeng2 , if you click on the key of the issue (e.g. ABC-123) then it will take you to the main issue view. So using Cntrl/Cmd+Click it will open this in a new tab

jing_zeng2 May 7, 2021

Thanks a lot, It works now.

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi @jing_zeng2 Which project are you using Team managed or Company managed?

I check this issue and looks like opening a ticket on new tab using mouse right click or using Ctrl+ Mouse click is not available in Cloud.

Alternative to this I can see is right click, click on Copy issue link and past in new tab to open the issue.

jing_zeng2 May 7, 2021

It works when i tried using Ctrl+ Mouse click in cloud, you need click ctrl+mouse on the key of the issue on the summary view ,just like floor one's description.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events