Where do I report a bug with the new JIRA issue view?

Daan Greven April 12, 2021

Hello

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

@Daan Greven - hi Daan! While on the new Jira issue view, use the 📣 megaphone emoji next to the "Watcher" eye icon.

Hi Dave, I already used that option. It takes me to Contact Support form, where I specify JIRA, Cloud URL, and eventually brings me back here, i.e. the Atlassian Community. 

GettingHelpFromTheAtlassianCommunity.png

ContactSupport.png

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

@Daan Greven - to be clear, if you're on a Free plan, you can only share bugs publicly on Atlassian Community (this site). Community Leaders (volunteers like me!) on this site can escalate to Atlassian if a bug seems serious and can't be addressed by any reasonable workaround/configuration.

If you don't want to post publicly, use the "Help improve the new issue view" - but I guess that window isn't available universally. 🤔

cap.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

@Daan Greven 

In the screen you pasted, the URL field is empty. You must supply the URL for your JIRA Cloud instance and that will be used to determine if you are on an instance using a plan that includes support. If you don't provide the URL, or are on the Free plan, then as @Dave Liao said you can post about the issue publicly on the community but you won't be able to report it otherwise directly to Atlassian Support.

Well, I left it out of the screenshot, but I did enter the URL earlier, and I ended up on the System Dashboard (https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa) and the Jira Server and Data Center Bug Fix Board. When I try to create the bug report from there, I come back once again to the same Contact Support form. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

Hmm, if you made it to jira.atlassian.com, you should be able to log in using your Atlassian Cloud account and submit a bug directly there. I usually log into that site just to vote up or comment on existing bugs.

Well let me first ask our IT Service Desk if they know how to create a ticket for our JIRA instance. However, I don't think the bug in the new JIRA issue view is specific to our instance. I probably need to contact our JIRA administrator about this. Thanks for your help. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

@Daan Greven - any time!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2021

Perhaps if you tell us what the problem is we can then advise you if it is something that we see in our instances also, if it is a known issue, if it is intentional design, or if it is related to the customization of your instance.

Joseph Gill April 12, 2022

JIRA

>to be clear, if you're on a Free plan, you can only share bugs publicly on Atlassian Community (this site)

You need to do a better job of making it obvious to the person using the software on behalf of the customer. No context = confusion = don't understand = mad = much to do about something you could have written a simple ditty about on the webpage.

Bad user experience is not a user's fault all the time.

Mic drop.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events