Where can I see what projects a user has access to

Wendy Thorneloe June 5, 2019

Hi

In the old Jira admin I could go into a user and see what projects they had access to.

Now I can only see what groups they have access to.

Where can I see what projects a user has access to in the new Jira?

Thanks

Wendy

4 answers

0 votes
Peter Jones January 29, 2024

Seems to be available for JIRA cloud but not on premise (we have both here).

We have a rather large amount of data here (over 600 projects and in total 410k tickets since we installed JIRA here). It would be handy to have some tools to understand where users (and ex users) have permissions!

0 votes
John Cobbs January 22, 2024

This feature is available in Cloud under user details and next to the "Log in as user" feature. 

role access.png

0 votes
sidPLakin May 2, 2023

Found this question in 2023. Looks like they finally added it. Just open a specific user in the Directory. Then click on the ellipses next to the Jira Software product and click View Jira project roles.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 083357.png

Screenshot 2023-05-02 130139.png

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2019

Hello Wendy,

Currently, it's not possible to see what projects a user has access to. For now, you can do it manually going project by project. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-61996
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Kevin Campbell October 11, 2020

Wow, that's crazy. One by One and since we can't archive old projects that just makes it even worse. 

It still blows my mind that a product like this lacks so many simple things. Stop working on advanced stuff and take care of some of these very simple things

Like # people like this
Idrees Aashi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2021

Is this addressed? I still don't see an option to see user list with project association

Jim Frederick April 4, 2022

I can't find one either 4/4/22 

Dustin Alcock May 2, 2022

Insane that this isn't available for audit purposes!

And then...where you'd think you'd find it, doesn't actually display everything: Open a specific user in User Management. Click three dots at the top right, select "View Jira Project Roles. Projects are missing though

Like Jim Frederick likes this
John Cobbs January 22, 2024

The aforementioned feature request is closed. Looks like the it won't be added. It would have been very useful. 

Suggest an answer