Where can I find burn-down report after create a project?

josechuah September 4, 2018

Well, I'm a beginner in JIRA. When I created a project and stories, then turn on the Report section. I can see only burn-Up report but not the rest of the reports as what other projects does. May I know is there anything to do with my user account?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

You have to create a Scrum board for your project, then you will see all the Agile reports in the "Report" section

josechuah September 4, 2018

Are you saying I should see some kind of template during creating new board or I need to deliberately create different type, label it as "scrum"...  etc? I'm confusing...

In my first created Project, I can dag to-do item into Sprints box and start the sprint...

But, I can only see "one" burn up Report in the Report Section.

I wonder whether my ID limited from having all those readiness template from JIRA by default.

Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

When creating a board, select "Create a Scrum board", you can define the scope of your board to either a project or a filer. Then in Backlog view of your board, you will be able to create Sprint and drag items to the Sprint box, and view the Burndown chart in the Report section. 

If you have seen the Sprint and Burndown before in the same server, your should have a valid Jira Software license. Please try the above steps, and good to share a screen short of what you saw if it still not work.

Scrum Board.png

josechuah September 11, 2018

Hi Daniel, 

After all, I delete the earlier Project which I had created and re-create another new Project. Then, following some are the defaulted screens shown on the screen. I just couldn't find any "Scrum Board" template and neither Burn Down Chart Report from the our Jira Project. However, I can see other user have those very useful Burn Down Reports and other type of report templates (see Figure 5).

Was it due to my Jira user rights which resulted me couldn't see the best feature from JIRA? :P

Jira-Create a board.jpgJira-Report.jpgJira-Features.jpgJira-deafult add issue type.jpgJira-With Agile Reports.jpg

Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

Hi Josechuah

Are you using Jira Cloud? Sorry I don't have a similar environment like yours. I am not quite sure what was the root cause. Here are some suggestion to trouble shoot

1. You can can check your permission from project settings / permission, refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html

2. Try to create a Sprint from your OM backlog and create some issues and drag the issues to the created Sprint

3. I am curious on how did you create your project? If step 1 and 2 did not work, please create a new project and using the option "create with shared configuration", then select the project "Malaysia" as your template.  Then try to see if you can have the same view of your colleagues

Daniel Deng
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018
josechuah September 13, 2018

very helpful and big thanks!, ...have to again inform my Administrator enable the Classic feature. :)

Suggest an answer