Where are the setting to edit card layout in Jira team-managed project

Steven Codd April 28, 2021

I want to add some data to the view of the cards on the board, like Time Remaining and Days in Column

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hello @Steven Codd 

Welcome to the community.

Based on my own research earlier this week, there is no feature for modifying card layout in Team Managed projects/boards.

I was getting that feeling... been all over the settings and configurations and now seeing a thing

Like Leo Toloza likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Steven Codd  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Here is the suggestion to add field configuration for Team-Managed (next-gen) projects, backlog and board.  You may watch or vote for the suggestion.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17336

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this

Thanks... always feels hollow voting on something that should just work out of the box

Like # people like this
Tony Bathich May 26, 2022

--

Michael Sanchez January 11, 2023

ridiculous

Like # people like this
Balint Farkas March 31, 2023

I've been waiting for the epic field to be settable from the ticket creation dialog in team managed projects for years... when I couldn't find the setting to edit card layout, I had the sinking feeling that it's gonna be another basic feature that's just missing without even a plan for its release... aaaand there we go

Like Matthew East likes this
Brian M Smith May 9, 2023

Why are nuances like this not discussed in the JIRA Cloud documentation on differences between Team and JIRA managed projects?

Like # people like this
Nate_Bensimon May 11, 2023

:( -- why make this so awkward...

Hayden Albrey September 27, 2023

Why do Atlassian make it so difficult for people to use Jira the way they want. So many arbitrary decisions appear to have been made about what features exist in different products. Here we have an extremely simple feature that should exist and 2.5 years after the original discussion there is no progress.

Its ironic that Jira is a tool for agile development but Atlassian are so poor at adding features to Jira that its customers request.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events