When transitioning to the next state, only certain project roles can be assigned

jisun lee June 26, 2021

hi! :)

I use Cloud JIRA 

when I use server JIRA, I can set properties on workflow 'jira.permission.assignable.projectrole.1'

but, I set same properties, I can just show all users in the assignee dropdown

In short

- I want to assign to specific project role user (if set wrong assignee, don't change status)

- I only want to see people with a specific role in the dropdown.

Let me know if you have any good ideas 

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

Hi @jisun lee

would it not be possible for this requirement to work with a Condition from Workflow like "User is in project role" condition?

grafik.png

You could still create a second condition that the assignee field must be filled.

@Airbus DriverI understand the above is not presenting a list of users to be selected from. In the background when using a Condition the possible amount of users is gathered still - but you are right, this "magic" is not directly visible to the user, let alone something to choose from by means of a list.

Probably it's an alternative for you both, let's see.

Regards,
Daniel

1 vote
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2021

I'm also curious to know if anyone else might have a solution to this. I could not get the list of users belonging to my project role to be shown in the drop down list for Assignee after I had configured a property in one of the status as "jira.permission.assignable.projectrole=ROLE_ID".

Suggest an answer