When is Jira going to support HTML so I can paste emails from Outlook or Word into Jira comments ?

Michael Green April 11, 2019

When is Jira going to support HTML so I can paste emails from Outlook or Word into Jira comments and have them look the same as they do in Outlook or Word or outlook.com ?

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Green April 14, 2019

So the answer is NO - Jira Cloud WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SUPPORT HTML properly i.e. the use case of being able to paste Outlook emails or MS Word documents into Jira Comments and have them format correctly

0 votes
Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019
Michael Green April 12, 2019

I don't think this article is current anymore ?  I couldn't find 
Add-ons  Manage Add-ons  select Show System Plugins

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Its there. Its called "Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin"

And you need to click on the modules and enable the HTML module.

Its at least available in Jira 7.13.x

Michael Green April 12, 2019

Please send me some screenshots of the navigation for Jira Cloud.  Thanks.

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2019

Ah, I'm on Premise. Thats might be the difference.

For premise its -> Cogwheel -> Add-ons -> Manage Apps -> Filter for System

Scroll down the list to find the "Wiki Render Macros Plugin" and click on modules

jira.jpg

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2019
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

@Thomas Buchhornis correct - the html macro is not available on Cloud as it's a security risk.

Michael Green April 14, 2019

So the answer is NO - Jira Cloud WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SUPPORT HTML properly i.e. the use case of being able to paste Outlook emails or MS Word documents into Jira Comments and have them format correctly !!!!!!

:(

Suggest an answer