Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

When config Automation for JIRA rule, choose Assignee field to set value, which doesn't work

Automation for JIRA Assignee.pngWhen config Automation for JIRA rule, choose Assignee field to set value, it always loading, and can't come out the key in name, how to resolve it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Aug 18, 2022

Hi Jennifer - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you tried typing in other users? Is it the same result? 

Also, you might try the Assign user trigger for that part if it continues to be a problem.

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did try other user names, and they all have the project access permission, even they are admin role, neither can load the name. 

However I try to set value for other customized "user picker" field, it succeeded.

Oh, but I think "Reporter" field is also system field, which is same property to "Assignee" field, I tried to set "Reporter" field, it also succeeded.

So it's really curious, I don't know what's the problem.

John Funk Community Leader Aug 19, 2022

Ah, it sounds like you might not have the Assign Issues permission in the Permission Scheme for that Project. Also check to see if the other users have the Assignable User permissions. 

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Wow, thank you so much, John! Let me check with our admin, and after trying, to give you feedback. Thanks in advance!

Like # people like this

Hi John

Just feedback to you, after adding myself as admin role in "People" configuration, it works, since Assign Issue permission is approved to project admin role, thank you so much for guiding and analyzing. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk Community Leader Aug 23, 2022

Great! And you are very welcome. Would you click on the Accept Answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

Like jennifer_wu likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events