When an label field of Epic is updated → copy from Epic to child

Christine Byrer December 3, 2021

I have an automation rule that is working in being able to copy/(add to) the child label fields.  What I'm not seeing working is in a case where a label is removed from an epic it seemingly is not able to remove for the child tasks.  Do I need a new rule or else if statement to make this work?

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Christine Byrer 

Would you please post an image of your current rule to provide some context?  Thanks!

Are you trying to copy/match the epics to the children, or might the children have more labels than are present in the parent epic and you want that preserved?

Kind regards,
Bill

Christine Byrer December 6, 2021

I think I have the removal working now.  The context is if a specific label (LH_Integration) is removed from an epic also remove that specific label from child tasks.  If other labels exist, leave them.

remove label rule.JPGremove label IF rule.JPGedit field remove label.JPG

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

That would depend on the rule you built. If it is not removing labels, then you need another rule or to modify your existing rule.

Can you show us the rule you created?

Suggest an answer