Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

When an label field of Epic is updated → copy from Epic to child

I have an automation rule that is working in being able to copy/(add to) the child label fields.  What I'm not seeing working is in a case where a label is removed from an epic it seemingly is not able to remove for the child tasks.  Do I need a new rule or else if statement to make this work?

2 answers

Hi @Christine Byrer 

Would you please post an image of your current rule to provide some context?  Thanks!

Are you trying to copy/match the epics to the children, or might the children have more labels than are present in the parent epic and you want that preserved?

Kind regards,
Bill

I think I have the removal working now.  The context is if a specific label (LH_Integration) is removed from an epic also remove that specific label from child tasks.  If other labels exist, leave them.

remove label rule.JPGremove label IF rule.JPGedit field remove label.JPG

That would depend on the rule you built. If it is not removing labels, then you need another rule or to modify your existing rule.

Can you show us the rule you created?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

761 views 24 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you