When an issue type is created

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2019

Is it possible to get information from Jira when an issue type is created, i'm looking for create date, need this to see if i have old issue types that has not been used. 

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2019

the simpliest way - is classic issue search(basic or advaced). 

issuetype = Task ORDER BY createdDate DESC

then you will see the latest "createdDate"

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2019

Thanks for your reply, but this will give the latest ticket using issuetype =Task.

I would like to when someone created the actual issuetype.  

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2019

Can you describe your case in more detail?

If I understand you correctly, it is necessary that you, as a jira administrator, receive a notification to the mailbox with the text “User-1 just created a task with the actual issue type(for example, Task).”.

Is this the desired result?

What will it give you?

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2019

For case that I described - you can try JMWE.

Post-function on creation with condition, where you will check the “actual issue type”, and send custom email.

Or something like automation for jira or scriptrunner(listener), where creation of “actual issue type” will be trigger email sending.

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2019

What i'm looking for is to remove unused issue types, and issue types that is used few times, before i remove anything i would like to know when the issue type itself were created. 

In my instance, i have 278 issue types, and i have found that 43 of them is not used at all, and 115 has be used 1-10 times.

I know the some om the 43 issue types is recently create, because i were the creator.

I'm working on cleaning up our jira instance.

Suggest an answer