When I ended my team-managed Sprint, two Done items not recognized as Done..Why?

Jean Alexander June 23, 2022

I am in a team-managed project and before ending my Sprint, all my Stories, Spikes and Tasks were moved to Done in my workflow.  When I ended my Sprint one Task and one Spike were recognized by JIRA as not Done, and I had no choice but to move them to the next Sprint, which I didn't want to do.  These two parent tickets and all their sub-tasks are marked Done in the workflow, but the parent tickets have no line through their numbers.  JIRA doesn't think they are done, even though everything about them is moved to Done.  How do I get JIRA to recognize these two items are Done, so they move out of my Sprint when I close it ?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Hi Jean,

Two things - are all of the cards (both parents and sub-tasks) in the last column on the board? That's the only thing the sprint considers done, regardless of the status. Also, you need to add a post function to set the Resolution on the transition to Done. That's what causes the strikethrough. 

Morgan DUBUISSON June 23, 2022

I confirm this analysis, we have had many cases in our instance related to this oversight of mapping

Like John Funk likes this
Jean Alexander June 27, 2022

".....add a post function to set the Resolution on the transition to Done."  Where can I read documentation on how to do this ?  Thanks for the responses.  I had a "Won't Do" column with a Done status assigned to it sitting as the last column on my board. I've re-arranged columns so that the Done column is the last column on the right, and I'll verify when my Sprint ends next week that none of the Done tickets roll forward.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hey Jean - hopefully that will solve the issue with the remapping to the last column.

Here's a good article to guide you on setting the Resolution field:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events