When I delete the jira link in confluence page, the jira issue remote link will lost.

Ronaldo Huang January 10, 2021

jira issue link in confluence page.

2.png

jira remote link  exists.1.pngDelete jira issue link in confluence page. Because I don't want my confluence page content has jira issue link.

3.png

Then jira issue remote link got lost.4.png

How can jira issue remote link remain intact after I delete the jira issue link in confluence page content?

2 answers

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2021

If you "mention" a jira issue from Confluence then that by default creates a bi-directional link from Jira back to Confluence. As far as I know this is automatic and can't be changed so if removing the link in Confluence results in the link's removal in Jira as well, then you would have to create it manually on the Jira Issue I think.

Other than that, may I ask the reason why you want to remove the link just from Confluence, if it's clearly linked based on the page content? This sounds like a downgrade from the functionality offered by application links.

Ronaldo Huang January 11, 2021

@Radek Dostál 

There are two reasons that I want to remove the link just from Confluence.

The first reason is I want to see a confluence page content without jira issue link in it.

The second reason is that when I export the page to Word, the jira issue link is also in the Word document.  

@Radek Dostál 

Yeah, when removing the link in Confluence results in the link's removal in Jira as well, then I would have to create it manually on the Jira Issue .

Is it a static link I create manually?

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

The usual way you'd go through Issue View -> More -> Link -> and select 'Web Link'. At least that's the sequence on Jira Server (if both application are Server deployments). That should create a static link regardless of an application link being configured.

As for whether it's possible to disable the "automatic bi-directional linking" from Confluence side - that I don't think is possible without either removing the App Link altogether or tweaking it in some way globally. (Maybe by disabling a module?) So cannot quite comment on this part all that well, just my thoughts on it :)

@Radek Dostál 

When I delete the 'metioned in' remote link from jira issue, I found that the jira issue link still exists in confluence page. According both the linked Jira and Confluence talk to each other, the jira issue link should be removed too, but not. why?

5.png

The jira issue link still exists in confluence page.

6.png

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2021

It sounds that instead of creating a reciprocal Application Link remote link - you really want to just create a "regular" remote link on the Jira issue.

So that would be a different remote issue link type - they are kind of 2 types, a single-directional remote link (e.g. a static link to a static url address), or an application link, which is dynamic because both the linked Jira and Confluence talk to each other, which is the case you are showing here.

@Radek Dostál 

How can I just create a "regular" remote link on the Jira issue from confluence page?

Suggest an answer