What time does Atlassian take daily screenshot of RDS instances?

Yeung Ying Ying Debby June 10, 2021

Hi, 

As I understood from Atlassian security practice, Atlassian uses the snapshot feature of Amazon RDS (Relational database service) to create automated daily backups of each RDS instance. 

My question is What time does Atlassian create the automated daily backups of each RDS instance. My company would like to know what time could Atlassian restore the cloud system back to, in case of Atlassian's incident. 

Thank you very much! 

Best regards,

Debby

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

It doesn't actually matter - Atlassian's backups are for restoring swathes of Cloud systems in case the cloud servers suffer a catastrophic failure.  They are not designed or used for restoring individual systems or parts of them.

Yeung Ying Ying Debby June 15, 2021

We understood that they are not used for restoring individual systems. However, we still would like to know in case a catastrophic failure really happens in cloud servers, what backup Atlasssian will be able to restore. 

Any idea when Atlassian takes the daily screenshot of RDS instances?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

There is no fixed time, it happens as often as possible on a rolling cycle throughout all the Cloud systems.

Like Yeung Ying Ying Debby likes this

Suggest an answer