What is/was the vscode: URI format that was in the JIRA card?

Nick Singh November 14, 2020

So for the singular day that the experimental feature "Start work in VS Code" appeared, this was VERY exciting, and then it was removed :(

s1.png

Until the feature is re-added, can you provide the link URI format?

The assumption is that it's something like vscode: - after that, hard to determine, even after reviewing the code in the git repository.

Thanks,

Nick

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kaeru December 7, 2020

@Nick Singh 

I had in the same trouble, but solved it. FYI, this link works to me.

vscode://atlassian.atlascode/startWorkOnJiraIssue?issueKey=[YOUR ISSUE KEY]&site=[YOUR JIRA SITE]

↓ I found the command from the following source code, which is officially seen.

https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlascode/src/b0ea213c8b09a58abf7e7a70540ece1845403bab/src/uriHandler.ts#lines-59

I'll be glad if it makes you help.

image.png

Nick Singh December 7, 2020

This was EXACTLY was I wanted, THANK-YOU!!!! Works great!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Hi Nick - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Take a look at Angelica's answer in this post to see if it helps you:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Annoying-Advertising-quot-VS-Code-quot-field-showing-up-in-all/qaq-p/1531241

Nick Singh November 14, 2020

Hi John,

Thanks, but that post doesn't seem to contain the answer.  It has a screenshot, but I am looking for the actual link that would have resulted from clicking the "Start Work in VS Code" button.  I am relatively sure it begins with something like "vscode:", but after that, I just need one example - I can figure out the rest from that.

Of course such custom protocol links are not retained in browser history; otherwise, I would already have it :/

Thanks!

Nick

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hi Nick,

This appears to be related to Bitbucket, which we don't use. I saw this part in another post, maybe it will help:

Bitbucket and Jira integration with MS VS code. This is an official integration described in Jira and Bitbucket (Official) - Visual Studio Marketplace and Use the Atlassian for VS Code extension documents. 

Suggest an answer