What is the purpose of the date picker in text fields?

Kimmo Kyle February 20, 2021

You can access this in rich text fields with the shortcut "//".

What can you actually do with it? Or is it just a handier way to pick a date without referring to a separate calendar?

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2021

Hi @Kimmo Kyle,

It is just a way to add a smart date in your text. If you type the following sentence:

I am answering this question on 20/02/2021

//date turns that date into an actual date (shown in a lozenge), with a calendar gadget attached to it. If you would like to update the date, rather than just typing it, you can change it by picking a different date from the calendar. 

Screenshot 2021-02-20 at 11.43.04.png

Kimmo Kyle February 21, 2021

Thank you. So basically the date picker, it's smartness just means an easier way to answers questions like "What's the date of the third Monday in April 2021" ... without referring to a separate calendar.

0 votes
Tung Dang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2021

Hi @Kimmo Kyle , 

When you add a date lozenge inside a task, that task can show on your tasks page https://<your-site>.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/inlinetasks/mytasks.action. In order to insert a task, you go to edit mode of a page, type `[]` shortcut to insert a task or click + dropdown menu to find `Action item` and then click it. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 20.55.59.png

I hope it helps! 

Kimmo Kyle February 21, 2021

Thanks, although I understand your answer has to do with Confluence, my question is about Jira specifically. Jira doesn't have Tasks or Action items.

Tung Dang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2021

Oops, I am sorry that I did not look at the tag of your question. I thought your question was about Confluence. I don't see a similar Confluence task page in Jira. 

Like Kimmo Kyle likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events